The new Macbook Pro with M3 chip is now available for pre-order in South Africa. The next-generation M3 chip was announced at its “Scary Fast” online event a week ago, which includes the M3, M3 Pro and M3 Max.
It is an industry-first 3-nanometer chip for a personal computer with a next-generation GPU architecture that offers dramatic performance improvements, a faster CPU and Neural Engine, and support for more unified memory, explains Apple.
M3 line-up highlights:
- Introduces a new technology called Dynamic Caching
- Brings rendering features like ray tracing and mesh shading to Mac
- New media engine with support for AV1 decode (efficiency in video streaming)
- Speeds are up to 2.5x faster than M1 chips
- CPU performance cores & efficiency cores 30% and 50% faster than M1
- Neural Engine is 60% faster than M1 chips
The new chips will be available on the Macbook Pro and 24-inch iMac. The new space black colour is only available for Macbook Pro with M3 Pro and M3 Max chips.
Pre-orders are now open in South Africa at the following prices:
14-inch Macbook Pro
16-inch Macbook Pro
For a full list and configurations with different memory and storage, refer to the iStore website: https://www.istore.co.za/mac/macbook-pro-m3
iStore is yet to confirm when the new M3 Macbook Pros and iMac will be available in-store or for delivery once pre-ordered.
UPDATE: iStore tells Recharged that they don’t have an SA launch date yet.
Recharged is an independent site that focuses on technology, electric vehicles, and the digital life by Nafisa Akabor. Drawing from her 16-year tech journalism career, expect news, reviews, how-tos, comparisons, and practical uses of tech that are easy to digest. email@example.com