RocketNet has just announced that customers on the MetroFibre Network (MFN) backhaul will be getting free upgrades on 1 June. This comes after RocketNet earlier this year said MFN customers won’t be subjected to price increases.
In a mailout sent this morning, RocketNet said from the 1st June 2021, all MetroFibre customers will enjoy the following package benefits from RocketNet:
1. Customers on the 10Mbps package will be upgraded to the 25Mbps package at no additional cost. The 10Mbps product will no longer exist.
2. All customers on the current 25Mbps package will be upgraded to the 50Mbps package at no additional cost.
3. All our 50Mbps customers will be upgraded to the 100Mbps package at no additional cost.
4. All our 100Mbps customers will be upgraded to the 200Mbps package at no additional cost.
5. All our 200Mbs customers will be upgraded to the NEW 300Mbps package at no additional cost.
All the changes will be automatic, and customers don’t need to do anything further.
Of course, these free upgrades for existing customers means price adjustment across its offering. There are now the new rates and packages from next month.
|RocketNet MetroFibre Packages||Price from 1 June 2021|
|Apollo 200||R1 195|
|Apollo 300||R1 495|
I’m currently on the 100Mbps package and very excited to be bumped up to the 200Mbps package next month.
Disclaimer: I’ve been a RocketNet customer since May 2017, and as of last year, my account is being subsidised. I was under no obligation to post this mailout I received as a customer.
Recharged is an independent site that focuses on technology, electric vehicles, and the digital life by Nafisa Akabor. Drawing from her 16-year tech journalism career, expect news, reviews, how-tos, comparisons, and practical uses of tech that are easy to digest. firstname.lastname@example.org