At its first ever HP Imagine event, the company introduced a range of its new devices for the hybrid workplace that includes personal, printing and the workforce. Recharged was in attendance, hosted by HP South Africa.
Enrique Lores, CEO of HP touched on the trends that have shaped their products, such as flexibility, the impact of AI, and trust. “Customers want to buy technology from companies that have similar values to them,” says Lores.
Lores also mentioned HP’s Work Relationship Index, where more than 15 000 workers were surveyed in 12 countries. It found that only 27% of people defined their relationship with work as healthy, while 34% feel less productive, vs the 38% who feel disconnected from their organisations. A further 39% feel disengaged.
Based on that feedback, he reiterated that all HPs designs have been done with one set of clear objectives: helping customers to live better and work happier.
All the products announced will launch in the upcoming quarter; with availability for South Africa to be confirmed. Here are two highlights from today:
HP Envy Move
HP is calling it the world’s first movable all-in-one PC with built-in. battery. It features a 23.8-inch display that has a carry handle on the top to hold it and easily move it around for gaming, working, studying, or watching.
HP describes it as versatile, which can be used a work device, entertainment device and an exercise companion for on-demand workouts. And for homes with multiple members, this form factor lends itself to be a shareable hub that anyone can use in any part of the home.
HP Spectre Fold
The Spectre Fold is what HP is calls the world’s smallest and thinnest 17-inch foldable PC. It has a 17″ OLED display and is a 3-in-1 device that can be a tablet, notebook and desktop PC. It is meant to offer a hybrid experience.
“Consumers are demanding greater flexibility to connect, work, and play for their hybrid lives beyond what the traditional laptop can provide,” says Jo Tan, Senior Vice President & Division President of Personal Systems Consumer Solutions, HP Inc.
It can be a 12.3″ laptop with wireless keyboard, which is compact yet offers a one and half screen experience; or it can be a slim 17″ tablet and stylus; or it can be a desktop with a built-in kickstand and detachable keyboard.
At HP Imagine 2023 in Palo Alto, more than 20 new devices were introduced. Here’s a summary of what was announced:
Personal computing, gaming and video tools
- HP Spectre Foldable PC: The world’s thinnest and smallest 17-inch foldable PC, the HP Spectre Fold is a game-changing 3-in-1 device designed for the hybrid lifestyle. South African availability to be confirmed.
- HP Envy Move 23.8-inch All-in-One PC: The ‘world’s only moveable all-in-one PC’. The HP Envy Move 23.8- inch All-in-One PC transforms any room into a multifunctional workspace, entertainment hub, or fitness area.
- HP AI Innovations: A new software platform, HP AI Studio, designed to help data scientists and AI practitioners accelerate and scale AI model development, available next year. Additionally, it introduced a new AI workstation solution that simplifies building and customising private AI models and applications.
- HyperX Streaming Peripherals: Solutions for gamers and streamers include the HyperX Vision S Webcam, HyperX Audio Mixer Audio Interface, and HyperX Caster Microphone Arm.
- HP + Poly Audio and Video Conferencing Solutions: A curated meeting room solution for rooms of all sizes, enabling everyone to be seen and heard at their best from wherever they are.
Workforce for employee productivity
- HP Managed Collaboration Services: HP unveiled a new conference room as-a-service subscription model that extracts insights to help customers optimise usage and create outstanding in-office video conferencing experiences.
- New Device Refurbishment Offering: HP announced its first-ever PC refurbishment program to help drive the circular economy and extend the life of devices. HP Workforce Central: HP announced upcoming availability of free and premium versions of HP Workforce Central, which allows you to gain essential insights on HP gear in one single dashboard. Customers can anticipate disruptions and automatically remediate issues with our new AI-enhanced Proactive Insights tool.
- HP Wolf Protect and Trace with HP Wolf Connect: Available globally in November, IT managers can help mitigate security risks of data loss if their employees’ devices go missing.
HP Printer range for consumer and business
- HP OfficeJet Pro Portfolio: HP’s new OfficeJet Pro portfolio will be available in January 2024. The portfolio lets small businesses print like a pro, featuring HP EvoMore, the company’s most sustainable ink cartridge range yet.
- HP DeskJet All-in-One Printer Series: For simple, stress-free printing at home, the HP DeskJet All-in-One Printer series made with up to 60 percent recycled plastic and available with Instant Ink, the world’s first smart ink delivery service. It is already available in select markets.
- HP DesignJet Portfolio: Maximize workflow efficiencies and transform our world through design with the new HP DesignJet portfolio created for architects, engineers, construction pros, and copy shops.
- HP SitePrint: Boost construction productivity up to 10 times those of manual techniques with pinpoint accuracy using HP SitePrint, a robotic solution for printing complex construction site layouts.
- HP Latex 630 Series: To empower the smallest print shops to harness the best white ink experience for creating high-impact signage and décor applications in vivid colors with the HP Latex 630 series.
Stay tuned for availability for the South African market.
Recharged is an independent site that focuses on technology, electric vehicles, and the digital life by Nafisa Akabor. Drawing from her 16-year tech journalism career, expect news, reviews, how-tos, comparisons, and practical uses of tech that are easy to digest. firstname.lastname@example.org